Thursday 8 October 2015

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Lukas Albert. I'm a Vienna/Austria based photographer, Whisky enthusiast and I am "That Whisky Guy"! On this blog I'm going to present you news of the Whisky world, "absolutely unbiased" tastings of different Whiskies I've encountered and will encounter as well as other (fun) stuff related to Whisky.

My first blog post will be a short history of whom I am and the reasons behind this blog. I discovered Whisky over a decade ago, mainly as an ingredient to cocktails. And of course I was that kind of guy who drank Whisky mixed with Coke. But only Blended Whisky, never Single Malt. That is because in the beginning I didn't know about the Single Malts. I started to discover the "other side" of Whisky - the Single Malts probably five years ago, when my brother gave me a ticket for a Whisky tasting. And at this tasting - held by the L&P Whisky Consultants - I heard about Single Malts and fell completely in love with them. During the tasting they mentioned that this is only a beginner tasting. And that they offer a wide range of special tastings covering everything from a "Horizontal tasting" - meaning there will be Whisky from only one distillery to be tasted to workshops like "Whisky and Beer" or "Whisky and Chocolate". Of course I started booking these other tastings right away.

Tastingline at the "Cask matters" tasting

So that is how I came to Whisky, but why do a blog about it? Well, Michael - a good friend and college whom I know probably longer than I drink Whisky - and I started a photo related blog approximately a year ago over at www.LDAMiAb.com. We're both photographers and like to share our knowledge with other people. Since then I was thinking about writing some "Whisky-Stuff" at our site, but it never felt right. So I decided to start a separate blog. But it took me over a year to complete the task. So here I come! I got the last "kick" to start a blog about what I like and care about from a nice guy who I met at the "The Whisky Exchange - Whisky Show" in London last weekend. But that - and the Whisky Show itself - are topics for my next blog post(s)!

Tastingline at the "Kilchoman" tasting

A final word why this blog is in English, even that my native language is German. Lots of the people interested in Whisky are either native speakers or do understand English well enough. That is the simple reason why I keep this blog in English never the less I'm not THAT good at English. But it can be a good way to improve my English. So if you find mistakes, please let me know. We're all here to learn - I'm not the exception!

I'd love it if you check out my other social media accounts! I'm on Instagram, Google+, Twitter and Facebook. And if you're interested in photography, why not check out www.LDAMiAb.com!

SlĂ inte,
Lukas

No comments:

Post a Comment